From: "John Innis" <innisjohn@mcleodusa.net>
To: "Chris Tillman" <tillman@voicetrak.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: Newbie needs help: apt configuration problem installing woody
on PM9600 (long)

 Chris,
 Thanks for the help, ut that didn't seem to do the trick.  I tried
 using each of the individual DIMMs in my machine one at a time, and
 also tried using different slots, etc.  I am still thinking I have a
 hardware problem, so I am digging into the SCSI chain next.

 My plan is to remove un-needed SCSI devices (CD-ROM's, ZIP) and try
 again.  If that does not fix it, I have a new SCSI cable on order.

 Once those things are tested, I have either a motherboard or
 processor problem.  At that point I will probably give up on running
 Linux on this machine.  I can always use an old MacOS machine laying
 around.

 I'll keep you posted when I either solve the problem or give up.

 John

listmaster@lists.debian.org

 --
 "Never offend people with style when you can

--