Re: Reiserfs on an iBook?

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 08:56, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> FWIW, I used to use it on my Macs a while ago, until it ate one
> partition in the middle of normal operation. I'm sure that a lot of
> problems have been fixed in the meantime, but I've even had problems
> with it on x86, so I wouldn't trust any data to it for a while.

I too have experienced file system corruption on x86 using ReiserFS;
three times, after which I moved everything (in a heavy use NFS file
server) to ext3 and have had no problems.  The Reiser problems were
always with text files (e.g. modules.conf becomes binary garbage, user
Mozilla config files become binary garbage) after a reboot.

> I've now been using XFS and ext3 for quite a long time without any
> serious problems.

I have found it challenging with XFS to find patches that work with some
kernels I want to run (and I don't have enough knowledge to deal with
some .rej files by hand).