Re: PowerMac 7300 debian 3r1 X-Server

Thank you Michel!
Michel Lanners wrote:
On  19 Jan, this message from thomas echoed through cyberspace:

PowerMac 7200/7300. What X-Server to use ? What chipset for graphics is used on that board ?
thanks in advance,

Do you mean 7200 or 7300? It's different, actually, although for X it
doesn't make a difference.

It's the 7300.
Then, in X, you use the fbdev driver.
yep, that seems to work, but the problem now is the monitor, after startx I see that the monitor switches to graphic-mode, but all I can see is "snow". It's a 11 year old Macintosh 16" Color Display. I tried to set it up with xf86config, but that didn't works.
Maybe someone out there knows how to set up this monitor?

Regards
Thomas