Re: Suggest a really good email client

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 05:23:32PM -0500, Allan Streib wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, David Zhou wrote:
>
> > Pine is perfectly alright in that it's pretty easy to use.  It's not
> > free, but then again, the question didn't have free as a requirement.
>
> Pine is free as in no cost.  But it's not GPL.

Well, pine is not free, at least it does not comply to the DFSG, and
that is why it is shipping in non-free and not in main.

I think the reason it is non-free, is that you have no right to
distribute compiled binaries or something such, so the only thing you
are free to ship are sources, and the user should compile it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther