Re: create HFS partition

here the hole story:

first i format the disk under macOS, with the 6 gb HFS partiton and the
other empty, so the driver
partitions are present.

then i booted and started the installation, during the insallation i had
the idee that i musst make a /boot partition, becaus you never now about
this 1024 sector thing. (on the beige G3 it is anyway not possible to
boot directly from harddsik).

i deleted the HFS partion, created the small (20MB) /boot and the rest
as HFS again.

i dident see the HFS under macOS, so i started hard disk tool,the only
thing i could do was delete the partition: so the it look now like:

/dev/hdc1     Apple_partition_map Apple                     63 @
1         ( 31.5k)  Partition map

/dev/hdc2        Apple_Driver_ATA Macintosh                 54 @
64        ( 27.0k)  Unknown

/dev/hdc3        Apple_Driver_ATA Macintosh                 74 @
118       ( 37.0k)  Unknown

/dev/hdc4      Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh                512 @
192       (256.0k)  Unknown

/dev/hdc5           Apple_Patches Patch Partition          512 @
704       (256.0k)  Unknown

/dev/hdc6         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 ext2                   40960 @
1216      ( 20.0M)  Linux native

/dev/hdc7              Apple_Free Extra               12247040 @
42176     (  5.8G)  Free space

--------------------------^

/dev/hdc8         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap                  819200 @
12289216  (400.0M)  Linux swap

/dev/hdc9         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 ext2               227013302 @
13108416  (108.2G)  Linux native

/dev/hdc10             Apple_Free Extra                     10 @
240121718 (  5.0k)  Free space

im talking about /dev/hdc7

> I've done that a thousand times, and there's nothing wrong with it -
> MacOS has accepted it every time

how did you do that ? with fdisk and then option -C

and as type Apple_HFS. is it not possible to destroy the whole
partitions ?

thanks a lot

martin

--