Re: Debian using GCC-3, causing problems.

On Fre, 2003-01-10 at 22:19, David Röhr wrote:
> As for now, the unstable branch is using GCC 3 as its default compiler.
> This causes problems when trying to use the drm-trunk-module.
>
> If you compile the module using gcc 3 you get something like a
>
> [drm] drmSetBusid failed (6, PCI:0:16:0), Permission denied
>
> But if you compile it with 2.95, it works just fine.

Is that when the kernel is built with the same compiler as the DRM?
Mixing kernel and modules built with significantly different gcc
versions is known to cause problems.

> After using the 2.95 I still get the error
>
> (EE) RADEON(0): FBIOPAN_DISPLAY: Invalid argument
>
> But I guess the DRI stills loads fine, anyone knows why I get this? And
> how this can be fixed?

Not sure, someone should add some debugging output to radeonfb to see
why -EINVAL is returned.