Re: 2D acceleration on M6

On Don, 2003-01-02 at 15:53, Mark Williams wrote:

> 	My iBook2's Radeon M6 handles 3D acceleration perfectly (thanks,
> Mr. Dänzer!),

You're welcome. :)

> but not 2D. I'm curious if there's something I can fiddle with in
> XF86Config-4 to try and coax 2D acceleration out of my machine -- it'd
> make mozilla-xft much faster!

There is extensive 2D acceleration (try Option "NoAccel" if you don't
believe me :), but as you mention mozilla-xft, you probably mean AA text
using the RENDER extension, which the radeon driver indeed doesn't
accelerate yet. (In fact, the mga driver is the only free driver which
does so far, and there are problems which may cause that to be disabled
for 4.3.0 again, which would leave the closed source nVidia driver as
the only one doing it AFAIK)

I've been toying with adding RENDER acceleration to the radeon driver,
but without success so far, mostly due to lack of time.