Re: Rip CD with an iBook G3

Hi,

i have a G3 900Mhz 12" ibook2 too.
grip which uses cdparanoia for ripping works fine here.
(kernel 2.6.0-test*)
May be your CD is in a incorrect format(some copy "protection")?

My drive is a DVD/CD-RW drive.
Had no problems with cdrecord/ATAPI: so far.

The only problem i have with 2.6.0 is that i had to disable dri in X.
(daenzer dri-trunk packages installed)
When i uncomment the dri module in XF86Config i get a very faulty
image. (like a wrong tuned tv channel)

Markus

--
  Open Source is a philosophy not a price tag !