Re: jre 1.4 for powerpc

Hi,

Yes, I suggest someone port the kde/konqueror way of interfacing to java for
mozilla.  I will most likely not be making any more Mozilla Plugin or
Blackdown releases for PPC Linux JDK 1.3.1  We do have people who are working
on JDK 1.4.1 and hotspot but I am not sure of any timeline.

Frankly Konqueror will nicely interface to the IBM JDK and seems to work well
without the need for complicated plugins that seem to break periodically by
the slightest change in toolchain and whatnot.

So perhaps an alternative to the Mozilla plugin (that is closely tied to Sun)
and that works with Kaffe, the GCJ, and IBM's jdk would be a worthwhile
project.

My 2 cents,

Kevin