Voice-over-IP solutions for woody?

Hello

I'm looking for a usable/stable (but I don't mind if it's simple, it's only for casual 1-to-1 talks with another debian person) net phone solution that I can run without having to upgrade to testing or unstable.

Has anyone already found this?

(I could probably also live with a gnome 2 installation *in parallel* with my standard woody gnome, if I really need it (hint: gnomemeeting) and this doesn't mean too much work for me to compile it or it's already compiled by a trustable person.)

Do I need ALSA? Does ALSA work on 2.4.22/ppc? I'm using standard dmasound_pmac (2.4.22+ben1) and I'm getting "could not open sound device /dev/dsp - check permissions or full duplex capability".

Thanks,
Christian.