Re: Debian Installation on PowerBook G4

Hi,

Stewart Smith writes:

> In my experience though, the hfsplus driver works really well for
> reading, and pretty good for writing.  So yeah, it's possible to use
> it to play mp3s from.

Of course you only need read-only support for playing MP3s.

> But I'd advise having a seperate /home for linux - data security,
> stability blah blah.... :)

Also, it is nice to have separate home directories for both operating
systems if you are running them in parallel (through mol) on a regular
basis.

> Use the unstable distribution, you won't be happy with woody on powerpc.

I was happy with woody on powerpc when it was still unstable :)

I would suggest that you try woody first, then try to backport the
things that you feel you need from sid, and only then switch to sid
entirely.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!