Re: dri-trunk problems

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 06:13, CWenn@slv.vic.gov.au wrote:

> Without the dri-trunk modules and packages installed, but with the video
> card's onboard memory defined (dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 as normal,
> and entering 16384 at the appropriate prompt)

I don't think this is right, AFAIR any Apple laptop equipped with an M3
only had 8 MB of video RAM. Leave this blank and let the driver do its
job.

> DRM starts and acceleration is enabled (according to /var/log/XFree86.0.log)

I guess you increased the amount of video RAM for the DRI to be enabled?
You'll have to use a lower depth or virtual resolution instead.

> However, the mouse cursor appears as a large white rectangle and the login
> screen is all messed up. I haven't got access to my personal website from
> work so i can't give a screenshot. It just looks bad! Altough some things
> (my desktop wallpaper and so on) look ok.
>
> There aren't any errors in the logs so far as I can see...

Isn't there a warning that the amount of video RAM is overridden to a
different value?