Re: dri-trunk problems

Thanks - I've hunted up some XF86Config-4's and got a little further:

Without the dri-trunk modules and packages installed, but with the video
card's onboard memory defined (dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 as normal,
and entering 16384 at the appropriate prompt) DRM starts and acceleration
is enabled (according to /var/log/XFree86.0.log)

However, the mouse cursor appears as a large white rectangle and the login
screen is all messed up. I haven't got access to my personal website from
work so i can't give a screenshot. It just looks bad! Altough some things
(my desktop wallpaper and so on) look ok.

There aren't any errors in the logs so far as I can see...

Chris

                    "J. Javier
                    Maestro"              To:     CWenn@slv.vic.gov.au
                    <jjmaestro@com        cc:     debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
                    puter.org>            Subject:     Re: dri-trunk problems

                    18/08/2003
                    13:38

On Aug Mon 18 2003 12:30, CWenn@slv.vic.gov.au wrote:

> Sorry...
>
> Sent that before i finished it.
>
> I'll try again.
>
> I'm having trouble with my iBook2001 and the dri-trunk drivers from
> http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-unstable
>
> I'm running sid, and the video card is a Rage Mobility M3. My kernel is
> 2.4.21-ben2. Everything that needs to be installed or compiled does so
> fine, and i have the appropriate lines added to /etc/modutils/drm and so
on
> as described here - http://www.cattlegrid.net/~christophe/titanium/#XFREE
>
> However, when I reboot and kdm starts up, the screen blinks three times
> (looks like the xserver restarting to me) and then I'm dumped to a
console
> login prompt.
>
> What's going on here?

Well... the three flashes are the reattempts of the X server trying to
boot. It is probably due to a misconfiguration of the server, so check
your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4... there are some available around, so check
them ;-)

And good luck!

--
J. Javier Maestro