Re: Powerbook 15" 1Ghz radeonfb/XFree86 woes

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 17:35, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Tough one. :\ It seems that the panel isn't wired properly, such that
> DDC over the I2C bus doesn't work. I suspect Mac OS (and possibly OF as
> well - does its display work? I guess so, or you'd probably have
> mentioned the console not working at all :) falls back to hardcoded
> values and doesn't care much.

	*mumble*

> But the remaining 95% look good? Not bad for not knowing much of
> anything about the panel, is it? ;)

	I should have said "there is only a narrow band". The rest of the
screen is on but blank.

> > 	When I added that line to the XF86Config-4 brew that I had last (and
> > uploaded), I see the default X screen, but its tinted yellow and looks
> > like its in mode line hell.
>
> Have you tried your config with the option above, but without a custom
> mode definition (with the Modes line in the display subsection though)?

	X dies given the lack of suitable LCD modes.

http://acm.cs.nyu.edu/~tugrul/tibook/XF86Config-4-NoModeLines
http://acm.cs.nyu.edu/~tugrul/tibook/XFree86.0.log-NoModeLines

	Tugrul Galatali