Re: Why is my ibook getting so hot ?

On  17 Aug, this message from Kristian Peters echoed through cyberspace:
> Compared to OSX my iBook 900MHz is getting really hot. I'm using
> 2.4.21-ben2 currently, but a vanilla kernel is even worse.
> According to /proc/cpuinfo temperature is in normal range.

Forget the temperature reading under /proc/cpuinfo. That one is from the
CPU temperature sensor, which once was a good idea by Motorola but since
then more and more unsupported to the point that the recent CPUs give
completely bogus readings.

And that sensor had to be calibrated anyway to give reasonable readings,
something we never quite learned how to do.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |