Re: swiss german keyboard config needed

On Saturday 16 August 2003 1:23, Andreas Wüst wrote:
> Well, it kind of worked. I could reach the third group via fn+alt (the
> left one, I don't remember the right one), but, hmm, not all symbols
> worked. For example, I could get [ (fn+alt+5), but I couldn't get ]
> (fn+alt+6). { and } was impossible to reach too.
>
> Strange enough, doing an xmodmap -pke revealed that the keys were mapped
> to the ], {, }, etc. symbols as normal!! But they couldn't be produced!

Hmm. If you run the program xev, it will print the things it gets for a key
press. Run it and press fn+alt+5 then fn+alt+6. Send us the output of just
the lines that print when you press and release these keys (xev sends a lot
of output). I assume that these keys work in MacOS?

Also, which keys are { and } on?

> > xev will tell you which X keycode and keysym is being sent for a
> > keypress, but you'll need access to an Swiss external Apple keyboard to
> > see the differences between them.
>
> Ok, I guess I am of no help then for this particular issue.

Yeah, people tend not to have too many keyboards. :)

Frank