Re: IEEE1394 cdwriter not recognized with 2.4.21(-ben2)

For the IEEE 1394 subsystems in the newer kernels, you need to run
/sbin/rescan-scsi-bus.sh (from the scsitools package) to get any
attached devices recognized.  insmod'ing or modprobe'ing individual
1394 modules no longer work.  I encountered the same issue a while
back when I upgraded from 2.4.18 to 2.4.21

HTH

--

To get my real e-mail address, replace "4" with "for" in the above address

Vinai Roopchansingh

"I can't understand people who hate other people based on things like race,
 religion, or sexual orientation.  When you really do get to know a person,
 aren't there so many more worthwhile reasons for despising them ?"

                                        Dennis Miller