Re: swiss german keyboard config needed

On Thursday 14 August 2003 11:37, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > > Can't think of much else except UAE wanting right ctrl e.g., I thought
> > > of Mode_switch in particular indeed.
> >
> > Actually, the best thing would be to do what Apple does with the keys.
>
> What exactly do you mean by that? Same as in Mac OS? It has very
> different requirements for modifiers, doesn't it?

True. But for AltGr, I imagine that they have a solution that we could copy.
Granted, X has a lot more options, but they aren't all super-popular.

> > > There's also delete, maybe others.
> >
> > True, but does it really matter? AltGr/Mode_switch is pretty important,
> > but, for a default system, Delete and Insert arent all that important, I
> > find.
>
> I use Delete (xmodmapped it to Shift+Backspace) for deleting mail, so
> it's important to me. :) Dunno about the majority of people though.

Fair enough, but in terms of a standard keymap, it's probalbly OK to let users
customize this as they see fit. Depending on which mail client is used,
deleting mail could be mapped to a different key.

But I'm thinking more in terms of default keymaps.

Frank