Re: Cube as a firewall/router - Comments anyone?

On 13 Aug 2003 at 0:56, Thomas Otto wrote:

> They are probably not mass produced and I guess will never.

Of course they are mass produced, probably somewhere in China or
Korea, but very obviously, the parts aren't screwed in place, but
simply mold-injected together after clicking the wires and connectors
in place. Setting up a small or large production line for simple six
wire cables is easy. If you really think they are hand-crafted,
simply compare them to 6 ft (1.8 m) 50 wire SCSI cables with High
Density connectors, which are sold for the same 15 or 35 euros that
buy a simple 6 wire FireWire cable of exactly the same length and
*much* cheaper connectors.

I still stand by my initial point of view, that FireWire cables are
simply overpriced. And indeed, EUR 15 is still way too expensive.

   Jeroen