Re: Kernel2.4.20 & PowerbookG3 Lombard awakening hiccup

At 15:23 Uhr +0200 12.08.2003, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
 > Tell me if you want me to try other patches.

Do the problem also happen if you don't have the CD-ROM in the
media bay ?

Yes, I have removed my cdrom drive for ages now, since I've moved the battery from the left to the right bay (because there once was a power shortcut I subjected to (wrong word, which is the correct one in english?) the left bay :-/).

 > BTW I would really like to be able to use the fn key setting ability
 > as present in pbbuttonsd/powerprefs from scripts. It's tiresome to
 > always have to start pbbuttonsd (and shut it down again afterwards
 > because it somehow interferes with pmud) and powerprefs and click
 > around just to toggle the fn key setting after a wakeup poweroff has
 > happened. The fnset utility does not work for me. Do I have to find
 > out which parts to extract from pbbuttonsd myself, or does anyone
 > have better solution?

I don't know how that works on the Lombard unfortunately

Looks like I'll have to dissect pbbuttonsd.

Christian.