Re: Kernel2.4.20 & PowerbookG3 Lombard awakening hiccup

(Continuing the thread from january 20th this year.)

Sorry that I've let you wait so long for an answer. I didn't have the time back then to do more tests, and so lived with the old reliable 2.4.18 kernel in the meantime. Recently I've upgraded to 2.4.21, and the wakeup "poweroffs" have happened a few times again. So I have now finally applied your patch (to 2.4.21 from kernel.org, with ENBD and FreeSWAN applied (my former attempts with newer kernels didn't have any of those applied, so they are not to blame)). With the patch, nothing changed, about the fifth time I tried to awake the laptop it shut off again. (And I'm running the newly compiled kernel for sure now)

BTW, maybe related, maybe not: every now and then (about the same frequency as the poweroffs, maybe less) the display does not switch on the backlight on wakeup. Putting the powerbook to sleep (closing lid) and wakening it up again "solves" it. This happened with and without your patch.

Tell me if you want me to try other patches.

BTW I would really like to be able to use the fn key setting ability as present in pbbuttonsd/powerprefs from scripts. It's tiresome to always have to start pbbuttonsd (and shut it down again afterwards because it somehow interferes with pmud) and powerprefs and click around just to toggle the fn key setting after a wakeup poweroff has happened. The fnset utility does not work for me. Do I have to find out which parts to extract from pbbuttonsd myself, or does anyone have better solution?

Thanks
Christian.