iBook internal speakers volume

Greetings !

	I have an iBook 900 Mhz on which I have recently installed Debian sid. I have
a little trouble with the internal speakers : they do work, but the sound is
extremely low.
	Changing the volume in aumix has no effect. I have read that the speaker
volume is mapped to the "Spkr" channel of aumix, so I checked and found out
that the "Spkr" channel is at maximum and cannot be moved (I cannot lower its
value, while all other channels can be tuned noramlly).
	I use the ALSA modules on a 2.4.21-ben2 kernel

	Has anyone ran into this issue before, or has an idea of what might be the
problem ?

 	Thank you very much in advance !
		-- Emmanuel