From: Eric C. Cooper [mailto:ecc@cmu.edu]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 23:27
To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Cube as a firewall/router - Comments anyone?

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:03:07PM +0900, Bengt Thure wrote:
> Do anyone have any experience of using a Cube as a firewall/router? I
> tried to find information on Google, but failed :-(

There's really nothing specific to the Cube for this. Standard Linux routing
and iptables facilities are fine.  If anything, it's more powerful than you
need.  I use a PowerMac 7600 for my gateway/firewall, and a (headless) Cube
as a music server.

> How about adding an extra ethernet connection to the cube? Possible?

You can't add an internal one, but a USB one should be OK for a typical
cable or DSL modem link.

> I am very interested in using this solution, since it is very very
> silent, or am I wrong?

It's even quieter (and cooler) if you remove the graphics card entirely and
run it headless.

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u