Re: Cube as a firewall/router - Comments anyone?

How about adding an extra ethernet connection to the cube? Possible?

You can't add an internal one, but a USB one should be OK for a
typical cable or DSL modem link.

Why not use use IP over FireWire?

Hehe, nice Idea. Though IIRC despite the RFC IP over FW is not yet completely implemented in the linux kernel.
But you could set CONFIG_IEEE1394_ETH1394 in the .config file:

Ethernet over 1394
CONFIG_IEEE1394_ETH1394
  Extremely Experimental! This driver is a Linux specific way to use
  your IEEE1394 Host as an Ethernet type device. This is _NOT_ IP1394.

in case all the clients are on linux.

With a FW port at my Mac and my x86 Audigy soundcard I could try this, yet FW cables quite expensive.

But..., damn, isn't using the Cube as a router kindof blasphemy? ;-)

     -Thomas