Re: Powerbook G4 getting very hot. Solution?

Pander wrote:

Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Pander wrote:

My guess is that the fan isn't on as often as it is in OSX, I don't know
where the control for this is.

On Debian, the fan, once it starts running some minutes after booting the machine, never stops running until I shut down Linux. The fan's running at low speed, always. Contrary to Mac OS X, where fan speed is changing from
time to time, IIRC, from "low" to "high" speed, and probably vice versa.
And, again IIRC, in OS X it sometimes even stops running completely for
some time ...
I just installed cpudyn, and I don't know if it is because of this or the European heat wave, but now my powerbook start doing OSX stylish fan control. although not in the "high" speed but more in a sort of an unconvincing "middle" speed.

Has anybody an idea of how to get this same functionality in GNU/Linux, i.e. the OSX style dynamic control of a PBG4 12" fan.

Thanks,

Pander