Strange 3button mouse keymap problem.

Heyall,

I have a twofold question (mine always seem to be multi-questions eh?)
I am running Woody. 2.4.18 default kernel.

After spending alot of time googling to find out how to get my 2nd and 3rd button working, I added the following to my /etc/sysctl.conf file:
dev.mac_mid.mouse_button2_keycode=87
dev.mac_mid.mouse_button3_keycode=88
dev.mac_mid.mouse_button_emulation=1

Everything worked correctly until today. Today, I downloaded the benh-imac-2.4.21 precompiled kernel. Rebooted and my keymappings were all messed up. Of course, I couldn't have that so... Rebooted with the default kernel and now I see:

error: 'dev.mac_mid.mouse_button2_keycode' is an unknown key
error: 'dev.mac_mid.mouse_button3_keycode' is an unknown key
error: 'dev.mac_mid.mouse_button_emulation' is an unknown key

First... What module or kernel option exposes those keys? Perhaps I goofed and disabled a module or whatnot.

Second... What should I do to correct the keymap problem? Feel free to just point me in the right direction, as I do actually enjoy figuring things out.

-Jeff

BTW... I didn't realize that Ben was THE Ben of benh kernels :) I didn't realize I was posting in the presence of greatness - lol. I will try and sound as smart as I can from now on.