Re: Long filenames on Joilet CDs

OoO Lors de la soirée naissante du vendredi 08 août 2003, vers 17:30,
Tim Froggatt <tgf20@cam.ac.uk> disait:

> Hi... I recently upgraded to a 2.4.21 kernel from 2.4.19.

> But now, whenever I insert a Windows CD (i.e. one using the Joilet file
> extensions) I only get the short 8.3 filenames. The long names used to work
> on the 2.4.19 kernel. Is there an extra module that I need to add? I've tried
> enabling the vfat module, but that didn't seem to help :-(

There is no link between vfat and long names on a CD. You just need
iso9660 support compiled with joliet. The most obvious cause is that
you forgot to compile Joliet in iso9660.
--
BOFH excuse #161:
monitor VLF leakage