Re: Meta Alt oh my!

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 14:05, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra
wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 13:40:04 +0200, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti
> Dutra wrote:
>
> > /var/tmp $ setxkbmap -geometry "pc(101)" -symbols "us(pc101)+us_intl+altwin(meta_win)"
> > Error loading new keyboard description
> > /var/tmp $
> >
> > 	Is there a secret here?  I also tried loading the symbols as
> > discreet options, to no avail...
>
> 	OK, got it now:
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb $ setxkbmap -v 10 -rules xfree86 -model pc101 -layout pc -symbols "us(pc101)+us_intl+altwin(meta_win)" -variant us_intl -option "altwin:meta_win"
> Setting verbose level to 10
> locale is C
> Warning! Multiple definitions of rules file
>          Using command line, ignoring X server
> Warning! Multiple definitions of keyboard model
>          Using command line, ignoring X server
> Warning! Multiple definitions of keyboard layout
>          Using command line, ignoring X server
> Warning! Multiple definitions of layout variant
>          Using command line, ignoring X server
> Warning! Multiple definitions of symbols
>          Using command line, ignoring rules file
> Applied rules from xfree86:
> model:      pc101
> layout:     pc
> variant:    us_intl
> Trying to build keymap using the following components:
> keycodes:   xfree86
> types:      complete
> compat:     complete
> symbols:    us(pc101)+us_intl+altwin(meta_win)
> geometry:   pc(pc101)
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb $
>

> 	Now, what would be the canonical place to insert this command?
> I guess I could put into my .Xsession or something, but ideally there
> would be a configuration file for :1...

The X server always uses the same config file (usually
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4) unless it's told otherwise. Does it say pc101 or
macintosh for XkbModel?

> >> If that works, then there's a bug with how XFree handles alternate kemaps on
> >> secondary displays.
> >
> > 	I guess so.  Should I then report it, or perhaps wait to test 4.3?
>
> 	Just to clarify, I understand the XFree 4.3 debs are about to
> be unleashed on unstable?  I couldn't find them in experimental or in
> Branden's repository...

They have been uploaded for experimental but are still waiting in the
queue because some parts are new and need to be checked by the
ftp-masters.