Re: DVD playing -- NOT!

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 23:11, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Jul 10 2003, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:
> > 	I just posted questions in the list about AGP and raw devices
> > as possible ameliorations.  Does anyone have another tips, ideas or
> > black magic recipes?
>
> Which CPU is that? A G3? Which clock?

This is probably the most important point, the CPU may simply be too
slow. Altivec does wonders there.

> Do you use DRI? IIRC, enabling DRI with X >= 4.2 also enables DMA,
> which helps xine have more time available for decoding frames.

Unfortunately, it can cause hangs, so you need

	Option "DMAForXv"

to activate it in newer versions of XFree86.

> You'll have to use 16 bit colors for that, if you have an old iBook.

This doesn't matter with XVideo. The YUV data is always the same, as is
the image quality of the overlay.