Re: upgrading to unstable

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Jule Slootbeek wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just installed Debian on another iBook2 and i want to update to unstable.
> but after i get all the files using apt-get dist-upgrade it gives me some
> error related to libpam, has anyone come up with a solution for this?

IIRC:
I had this problem, too, and if I recall correctly, I saw it on a
i386 system.

This *seems* to be a common problem when trying to do an update from
stable to unstable.

Someone let me know that a solution might be to do first an upgrade to
to the testing version (i.e. upgrading the libc6 and libpam stuff) and
then upgrading the whole thing to unstable.

But I definitely never tried this solution ... so: no guarantees it will
work ...

Good luck.

Regards,
Wolfgang