Re: kernel-patch-2.4.21-powerpc packages available for testing.

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 12:54:52AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 21:32, Sven Luther wrote:
> >
> > After 448 minutes of building, i have new 2.4.21 powerpc kernel packages
> > available for testing at :
> >
> >   http://people.debian.org/~luther/powerpc/2.4.21
> >
> > When they finish uploading that is, and i will also create the
> > corresponding Packages and Sources file to make it a working apt source.
> >
> > Please try them out and provide feedback, so i can correct anything that
> > is wrong before i upload them.
>
> What's wrong with uploading to sid and users submitting bugs on
> problems?

Because it is a new package, it will have to wait some few weeks before
users can get a hand on it. And last time i uploaded, it was broken,
since i don't have pmac hardware, i can't really test it, so i want at
least one sucessfull use report before i do the upload. It should be ok
though ... No, it is assuredly broken now that i think of it, since i
forgot to force make-kpkg to think it's a pmac :((((

> > I would be especially interested by feedback on the configuration file,
> > as i tried to respond to the oldconfig questions as best i could
> > (basically building most of the new stuff as modules, and letting
> > unneeded things like the i8x0 drivers out), but if there is something
> > missing, i will add it.
>
> Please enable CONFIG_DRM_R128 if you haven't already, preferrably as a
> module.

Ok, will do, i will have to rebuild anyway.

Friendly,

Sven Luther