Re: alpha version of knoppix MiB ppc looks for testeurs

Le Mardi 1 Juillet 2003 06:44, emorfin@caracol.red.cinvestav.mx a écrit :
> i just tryed the version 2e.
thanks for the test

> i have a 15" tibook
>
> it works great, but:
>
> it can't boot with X, i have to boot in "knoppix 3", then copy my
> XF86Config-4 to /etc/X11/, and the /etc/gpm.conf file too, then startx.
No. Try "/etc/init.d/xsession start" insteed of startx

Can you send me your XF86Config-4 ?
You can try with knoppix fb1024x768, or knoppix xserver=fbdev, at boot, i
guess you have an ati card, that could work.

> still no aceleration. (now i'm not in mi tibook, but if is necesary i can
> send you the XFree.0.log file.)
Yes, please. I will look into this problem.

> I have some questions:

> how do you mount hfsplus filesystem. i saw de module, but how do you get
> the module? is it in 2.4.21 kernel? (i have 2.4.20benh10 kernel)

hfsplus is in the 2.4.21-ben1 i put into the iso.

mount -t hfsplus /dev/hdax /mnt/hdax should work.

> is the /usr/src/kernel-headers*/.config the file you use to compile the
> knoppix kernel?

Maybe. Sure is the /boot/config-2.4.21-ben1-mib21. I have juste done a make
pmac_config for this kernel.

the kernel is benh's one. thank you benh.

> in knoppix-MIB in kde3.1.2 it is active the arts, but xmms use the OSS
> driver. If i tryed to do this (kde3.1.2 too) xmms give me an error
> message, about the apropiate plugin. How can i use arts and OSS?

Yes, this is a bug. I will correct that in the next version.

> I will continue testing the disc, and tell you my results. If you need
> some logs or something else to test, just tellme please.

thank you.

did the mouse button emulation work ? (F11 & F12)

--
Yves Combe