Bingo! [was: Re: No mouse on console]

Hi Brad

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, Brad Boyer wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 07:53:55PM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Has anyone managed to get a USB mouse working on a Powerbook G4
> > on the console?

   [ .... ]

> > gpmconfig says:
> > --------------------
> > Device: /dev/gpmdata
> > Type: imps2
> > Repeat_Type: raw
> > --------------------
>
> This is most likely your problem. Mine says this:
>
> Device: /dev/input/mice
> Type: autops2
> Repeat_Type: ms3

.... Bingo! That was what I feeded now to gpmconfig, and it works ...
My console mouse is up now ... :)

Thanks a lot, Brad ...
It took me hours to find out absolutely nothing, perhaps next time I'll
ask a bit sooner here. :)

And you know what: I just realised, even the trackpad is working now!
(I don't remember it being working here on Debian ever before ..)

Thanks again. :)

Best Regards,
Wolfgang

    [ ... ]