New Linux Install advice?

I am looking at installing Linux on my PPC 7200/90 machine with soon to be 64megs of ram, 500MB HD with a cable modem connection.

First, is there any reason I should not use this machine? Its the only computer I have other than the family machine (WinXP).

Second, before I start can anyone tell me of any good books on running Linux on a Mac system? NO MAC OS installed.

Third, any other advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance for any help you may offer...

Jacob Tennant  K8JWT (Ham Radio Operator)