Re: Powerbook G4: Mac OS X does not boot again

Hi Clive

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Clive Menzies wrote:

[ ... ]

> > > You could try resetting PRAM; as you boot up, hold down Ctl-Alt-P-R ; it
> > > can often sort out a confused Mac ;)
> >
> > I did that (i.e. <Apple-key>-<Alt>-<p>-<r>): No change ... I also pressed
> > the reset button (left of the power button): Nothing, too .. (except that
> > my clock was back to 1970 (?); I reset it with hwclock ... )
>
> I guess the next thing to try is booting off the OSX CD (hold down C
> whilst booting) and see if you can repair your OSX installation.

... did that already at the very start of these problems: I verified
with Disk Tool the Mac OS X Partition: The OS X Partition seems to be OK
(I didn't repair the permissions; I'll do that now .... )

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Wolfgang

--