Re: Quik and framebuffer problems on StarMax

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 07:02:47PM -0700, Thanasis Kinias wrote:
> OK, I'm back for more help...
>
> The most frustrating thing here is that two boots with the same options
> can produce different results -- it seems to `remember' previous
> configurations somehow...  I also cannot find documentation that
> explains the interaction between the NVRAM variables and the Quik
> parameters; they cover the same things, like which kernel to boot and
> what device to find it on, so which has precedence?  I can't find a
> pattern to it, except that the NVRAM variable seems to override the Quik
> default, but an explicitly typed Quik boot command seems to override the
> NVRAM one...

Afraid I'm not going to be much more help. But I just wanted to point
out that you're right about the order of precedence in quik, the only
addition I'd make is that I think the most reliable way of telling it
what to do is to make an entry in the quik.conf, run quik, then put
the image name in boot-file (or type it). It seems to handle file
entries more smoothly than manual or NVRAM entries. Of course, this is
a little more trouble for testing...

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People