Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

Jamie Wilkinson wrote:

TiBook IV, Radeon M9.  Commenting out Load "dri" and the Section "DRI" from
XF86Config-4 sleeps and wakes up, with DRI enabled the screen doesn't come
back on.  I do not know if it has woken up, though.

Hi all,
I've a TiBook 15' 1GHz SuperDrive.

For me it is the same story.
- I'm able to awake from sleep only when DRI is off. No matter if I have "DRIReinit" option on or off - I don't have any problems in console mode, everything seem to work fine. - I don't have the sleep-inX-only-once, when dri is off I can go to sleep and awake safely more than once.

Moreover, has one of you tried to watch DVDs with this ati-kernel-patch on? I don't know if I made some mistake but on the streaming is extremely slow. It's not fluid at all. I use xine and with the old kernel I used to have (ben5) the streaming was excellent. There's really a big difference.

Below you find /proc/cpuinfo and lspci:

cpu             : 7455, altivec supported
clock           : 667MHz
revision        : 3.3 (pvr 8001 0303)
bogomips        : 665.19
machine         : PowerBook3,5
motherboard     : PowerBook3,5 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as     : 80 (PowerBook Titanium IV)
pmac flags      : 0000000b
L2 cache        : 256K unified
memory          : 512MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

00:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc.: Unknown device 002d
00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4c66 (rev 01)

Do you see that "Unknown device 4c66 "? What does it mean?

ciao

Francesco