AW: How to desactivate the click on the touchpad?

Hi David,

> On my iBook running Debian under Xfree, is there a way to desactivate
> clicks made by pressing the touchpad (in other words, I want to click
> only using the button)?
I use the program "trackpad" which is distributed with pmud (or with its
source). You can switch off the clicks by calling "trackpad notap". To
deactivate the clicks already at boottime, I use the following init script:

#! /bin/sh
#
# /etc/init.d/trackpad.sh
#
# Trackpad init script ...
#

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
DESC="Trackpad"

case "$1" in
    start)
        echo -n "Starting $DESC:"
        /sbin/trackpad notap                  &> /dev/null
        echo " done"
        ;;

    stop)
        echo -n "Stoping $DESC:"
        /sbin/trackpad/ tap                   &> /dev/null
        echo " done"
        ;;

    *)
        N=/etc/init.d/$NAME
        echo "Usage: %N {start|stop}"
        exit 1
        ;;
esac

exit 0

I've found this trick on
http://www.pl-forum.de/t_system/ibook-debian/part3.html. There you may also
find other hints to tune your iBook. But: the page is written in German.

Hope that helps,
Reto

--
Visit us on WWW.VOLLEYTOTAL.CH