Re: PowerMac 7100/80 won't boot

Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't want you to think I was panicked. Admittedly I sent
a few emails, but I just wanted to get all the information in.

>"Get into the installer like I advised"

If it was you that advised the MachKernel installer I'm already in there:
thank you, that was a big help.

You know I have gotten far enough to have the drives partitioned, and I
think all of the "packages and modules" installed. When I select "Configure
Device Driver Modules", it tells me "unless you were provided with such a
floppy, just skip this step" so I try to skip it, and I get the error "No
modules were found in /target/lib/modules/2.4.4 that could be configured.
Please install the modules first."

>From what I understand it is still not necessary

I go back to install packages and modules and it works correctly. I did
choose the alternate option of "Configure PCMCIA devices. and it seemed to
be finished with the installation. Would this be true?

I don't know exactly what you mean by "replace the installer kernel with the
normal kernel". Could you describe this better, or at least refer me to a
site that has more information on how to do this?

I assume this means I'll have access to a command prompt.

Now, I do understand that without the MACOS CD I'm out of luck rebooting.
This is all information so I know for next time. i think I can get pretty
smoothly through the installation now if I start with the CD's

I still don't know what quik is and I'll be researching that, because if it
works with mine it sounds like the best option. But until I get the MACOS
CD's i'm going to take a rest for a while.

Thanks for your help. Take your time to respond to my questions but please
do.