X-Server auf Powerbook G4

Hi!

I tried to install Debian Linux on my new Powerbook. I had no Problems since I tried to install the xserver-sfree86. I don't know the Vert.Sync and Horiz.Sync. Please can anybody tell me these?

Is there anything I have to pay my attention for? The first time I installed the XServer I took a very low screen resolution (600*480 and 800x600) to test the server. But all I saw was shimmer.

Does anybody made experiances with other peripherals for example the tv-out, soundcard or dvd (writer and reader) and can tell me a little bit about this. Is there actually support for all these things?

Best regards and thanks!

--
Michael Herrmann

www.ksv-bensheim.de | michael@ksv-bensheim.de

/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ / No proprietary formats in attachments without request
 X  i.e. *NO* WORD, POWERPOINT or EXCEL documents
/ \ Respect Open Standards