Re: TerraSoft PPC Motherboard.

Rogério Brito wrote:

On Jan 19 2003, Craig Morehouse wrote:
Has anyone tried running Linux on this poard?

If successful, please reply both on-list and off, if you don't mind.

	Please, forgive my ignorance on the subject, but I see that
	lately people are talking more and more about such boards for
	PowerPC's and I read a tiny bit (very tiny) about such boards
	and they are basically an ATX motherboard with a PPC CPU stuck
	on them, right?

	If that is correct, what would the benefits of using one of
	those machines? Is it cheaper than purchasing a x86 system
	with equivalent horse-power? Is it just the techno-lust of
	using a PowerPC CPU?

	These are sincere questions. Please educate me.

	Thanks for any comments, Roger...

Pardon my grumpyness, but isn't that a pretty dang stupid question to ask on the debian-powerpc list? ;-)

Seriously, these boards are the same as used in the AmigaOne, and some of us happens to like AmigaOS. The fact that Linux is a pretty neat secondary OS isn't excactly a problem for me. What is the point of buying a Mac? Comes down to much the same reasons, I would guess.