Can't boot after quik misconfiguration

A friend of mine just gave me an old Power Computing PowerWave 604|120
that he had lying around, and not being much of a mac person, I decided
to throw debian on there as I haven't yet played with linux on a mac
before. The installation went smoothly and was able to get it up no
problem, upgraded the kernel to 2.4.18 and that went smooth as well, but
I tried passing a boot parameter to the kernel by changing quik.conf
around and now the thing won't boot.

When I turn the machine on now I get the mac "Daaaa" but nothing after
that. No sad mac, no floppy icon with a question mark, no error messages
from quik or the kernel, nothing. The monitor doesn't even come out of
standby mode. I was hoping that I would just be able to boot from the
debian installation floppies and change quik.conf back to normal, but
the computer dosen't even seem to check the floppy dive for a bootable
disk at startup. It won't even let me boot from the original mac os
cdrom when pressing the "c" key at startup.

Is there a way to make the system bootable again? As it may be obvious
by now, my experience with macs is pretty limited so I'm sorry if
there's just a common key sequence that just needs to be pressed at
startup or something like that. (I did search this list's archive and
google but I didn't come up with anything useful.)

Thanks,
Brent