Re: OpenGL support?

I can probably help you here since i spent last night reading about and fiddling with xfree/ driver acceleration!

There are accelerated drivers available for XFree. Have a look around this page:

http://dri.sourceforge.net/

This glossary helped too:

http://dri.sourceforge.net/doc/glossary.html

I ended up compiling a DRM kernel module for my ati rage 128 card and with a bit of XFree config file hacking got it working nicely in combination with the framebuffer device.

The XF86Config-4 hacks you need are dependent on the card, so i spose you should repost when you know which card you're gonna get.

Also i think debian 3.0 stable comes with xfree 4.1 so maybe its worth upgrading it to testing which comes with 4.2.

cheers

matthew