how can i improve open gl performance on a tibook 400?

Hello

I am trying to play a game that uses opengl or mesa.
http://www.reptilelabour.com/software/chromium/

The graphics performance on my machine (tibook 400) is too slow to play it. I'm a bit confused by what exactly libmesa, dri trunk, framebuffer etc are. Can anyone suggest how i can improve my graphics performance?

I'm currently running a 2.4.20 benh kernel (2.4.20-rc3-ben0). I compiled framebuffer support for the rage128 into the kernel but not dri.

cheers

matthew