Keycodes Problem

Ok, thanks to those who helped me on my previous problem.  I eventuall
got it working by installing MacOS 8 and then installing Debian, and
now it uses BootX.  Not as elegant as before, but oh well.

Now I have trouble that the keyboard maps are wrong.  According to the
"PowerPC Keycodes Change" document on the website, this shouldn't
happen to me as I have a fresh install.  I've tried creating
/proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes with 1 in it (per
the docs), but this does nothing.  The documentation specifically
states that this shouldn't happen to me, yet it does.  What can I do?
(I don't really care if I use ADB or Linux keycodes, as long as it
works)
Thanks,
Steven Schlansker

=====