Best news for users of iBook (11-2002)

Yesterday  Martin Karger say that it was possible to wake up the iBook
with the patch of Ben's kernel but he has to disable dri to do it and it
was not cleanly as he wants.

Well, my news is that I did it. I recompile the 2.4.20-ben1 kernel with
the patch http://people.debian.org/~hafre/radeonfb.c.diff.

I installed the packages xlibmesa3-dri-trunk, drm-trunk-module-src,
xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk. I compile the package "drm-trunk.tar.gz" (it
is installed by the drm-trunk-module-src") following the instructions in
http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1634 (is in spanish but the
instructions are clear)

I replaced the module radeon.o of the kernel with the module I compiled
in drm-trunk.tar.gz and "voilà" I have my video card with acceleration
and the best is: "I can wake up my iBook doing NOTHING", completly
clear.

I have modified also my pwrctl-local to manage the level of the
framebuffer. If anyone is interested I can send it.

I'm so happy that I can't believe it.

Sorry for my worst english (it's not bad ;-)

Best regards. Marta.

gpg pub  1024D/A2D21610 Marta Pla i Castells <Marta.Pla@uv.es>
Key fingerprint = 9578 8116 FC87 C4D2 1A5C  993F 86B4 52D2 A2D2 1610

Marta Pla i Castells (Marta.Pla@uv.es)
http://www.uv.es/~mplac
Instituto de Robótica	|	Robotics Institute
Universidad de Valencia	|	University of Valencia
España			|	Spain

Mathematicians are like Frenchmen:
Whenever you say something to them, they translate it into
their own language, and at once it is something entirely different

						Goethe.