movie editing programs & options

I was wondering what options (if any) there are for editing movies I've made on a camcorder and then burning them on a DVD with my iBook under Debian. Provided I need more disk space, I could, of course, save to external drives on a network, and provided there is no external DVD burner for my iBook, I could burn using another computer. Also, I could import using the iBook (as it is the only computer I have with firewire), then save the movie to a i686 Debian computer and edit and burn there.
What good software is available, however.

--
Curtis Vaughan
North Pacific Corporation

Tel: (425) 822-1001