Re: Debian using GCC-3, causing problems.

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 [22:43],
    Michel Dänzer (daenzer@debian.org) wrote:

> On Fre, 2003-01-10 at 22:19, David Röhr wrote:
> > As for now, the unstable branch is using GCC 3 as its default compiler.
> > This causes problems when trying to use the drm-trunk-module.
> >
> > If you compile the module using gcc 3 you get something like a
> >
> > [drm] drmSetBusid failed (6, PCI:0:16:0), Permission denied
> >
> > But if you compile it with 2.95, it works just fine.
>
> Is that when the kernel is built with the same compiler as the DRM?
> Mixing kernel and modules built with significantly different gcc
> versions is known to cause problems.

The kernel was compiled using 3.0 or 3.2, can't remember. The
drm-trunk-module was compiled with the same compiler as the kernel (as I
compiled them both after one another).

It actually worked when I used 2.95 instead just on the module.

/d

--
I surely do hope that's a syntax error.
             -- Larry Wall in <199710011752.KAA21624@wall.org>