Re: Help Please!! SCSI install problem

Thanks Chris,
I know there is a powerpc driver for the adaptec card.
I booted off of a YellowDog cd and was able to see my
drives. I would prefer to run Debian if I can get it
to install as I think the support, in general is
better and this is going to be a server in a
production environment. This list is the best resource
out there for PPC versions of Linux. A friend of mine
suggested I use a different box and compile a new
kernel for installationj purposes with support for the
Adaptec card built in. If I did that, I think I would
need to use a different install procedure rather than
the cd install so that I could boot with that kernel.
It would just require some new learning on my part.
Perhaps I could use the kernel from the YelloDog cd
and the debian ramdisk. I am just not sure how to put
that together on a new world machine. It was fairly
easy to try different kernels with BootX. I'll have to
read the other installation options. Any more
suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Dave