Re: What are the optimum keymap for a powerbook g4 400 ??

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 11:26:07PM +0100, Willy Morin wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got a powerbook g4 400 under debian.
>
> I'm looking for the right keymap for my keyboard.

[...]

You could try to modify your keymap with xkeycaps
I found a version that includes a German Keymap for Powerbook G3 Pismo
(I have a Pismo Firewire). The Keymap generated Mod4 on the Alt key,
which did not do the same as Alt-GR (don't know what mod4 usually does)
Have modified the Key to generate mode_switch (as on intel).
Now it works better but not perfect.

I can give you the xkeycaps that includes german pismo keyboard layout.
It's easy to generate a xmodmap with this tool. Perhaps it helps you,
too.

you can get it (with powerbook keyboard layout) at my site
(because I forgot where I downloaded this tar.gz :-( )
https://init.homeip.net/development/xkeycaps-2.46pb.tar.gz
or without powerbook keyboard layout from your favourite debian mirror

To build xkeycaps do apt-get build-dep xkeycaps to install all libs
needed to build xkeycaps

I'm trying to build a fully functional keymap, but had no time to finish
this, yet. btw. Is the Keyboard Layout in DE the same as in US, CH, AT,
etc?

	mfl

--

Michael Flaig (PROLinux) mflaig@pro-linux.de